Free event with RSVP: https://h4hpdecember.eventbrite.com
$5 General Admission at the door
Come to the California Historical Society every second Saturday of the month to make crafts, build, and dive into California history.
This month's activities:
- Wish your family and friends holiday cheer with holiday cards made at our Crafty Card Station.
- Proclaim your love for the holidays by creating your own celebratory banner.
- Didn't get to thank your California hero? Contribute to our ongoing art project.
- Add your personal touch to the Yosemite landscape by contributing to our Yosemite Build Craft project.
- Dress up as a Yosemite Adventurer at our Costume Corner!
$5 General Admission, free for CHS and Heyday Members
This "Whirlwind Tour of the Panama-Pacific International Exposition" takes you on an amazing tour of San Francisco's 1915 World's Fair from its original concept in 1904 to its development to its gala opening in February 1915. We'll peek inside the gorgeous exhibit "Palaces" for a look at just a few of the wonders visitors to the fair and finish with some of the attractions on the Joy Zone, the PPIE's midway. Illustrated with dozens of amazing photos, lantern slides, postcards, souvenirs, and panoramas, this Whirlwind Tour appeals to any audience with an interest in history.
Take the edge off winter's penetrating chill at Historic Libations—the California Historical Society's rollicking annual holiday party. Drink deep and celebrate like it's 1915 as we anticipate a new year and the year-long Centennial Celebration of the Panama-Pacific International Exposition. Enjoy California cocktails, legendary and obscure, toast to the history of mixed drinks, and indulge in authentic and eclectic concoctions crafted by expert mixologists. Live entertainment for your dancing pleasure provided by the musical duo of Frederick Hodges and Ann Gibson.